The Prayers



I hear prayers in my timid head
When I remain oblivious to the world outside
Like paparazzies buzzing with their cameras
But not in notch of anything held

I hear voices crying with extreme odious
Feel occult to the alien world out there
So there I remain obsolete in a corner
When the my children doubt my existence

I hear laughter and giggles along
Some cajole prayers now finally heard
Yet some still in never ending vendettas
Serenading over their prayers to deaf ears

I hear pleas and cries of the innocent civilians
When the parole does what he is best known for
Their trust now cropping and eyes closed with agony
Their prayers now only epitaph on their tombstone

I hear my name called; Kenchosum, Eshwar, Christ, Allah
Vendors making profits on my statues
But a simple prayer is all it takes
To make your pain mine
To believe I'm still listening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the rain

the known secret

Cacophony of sorrows